Monday, February 13, 2012

Ogling Google

Week 7 has us looking at Google and all the things we did not know about Google. Which not knowing something about technology is not a foreign concept, hence all these things to tame. So I started with the slideshow and videos that were posted and then went to The 7 Google Search Techniques You Didn't Know Existed. Well I was feeling pretty smart because I knew most but I came across one that I I didn't, the safe search. This one I will definitely use both at home and inside the classroom. With small kids who are very tech savvy but like toys and games with grown up versions, thank you Transformers, I would like to make sure they see only the ones that pertain to them; they do not need to know who Megan Fox is just yet. Even with filters on for school what can the extra protection hurt? So let's keep ogling Google for everything we thought we knew but didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Anything we can use to keep our children safe from knowledge of Megan Fox. . . :)

    ReplyDelete